Little updates and bits of info…
- 10th June 2018: Added details of a Mk2 variant to the Taiyo Lamborghini page.
- 9th February 2016: It’s been a busy couple of months, but more articles are in the pipeline. And I have many, many more toys to write about. How does the old saying go? “People forget how fast you did a job – but they remember how well you did it” (!)
(well, one can only hope)
- 28th November 2015: Revised the Team Associated RC10 article to include basic details of variants.
- 25th October 2015: Revised the Taiyo Jet Hopper article to include detailed photos of Mk1 vs Mk2
- 6th September 2015: In process of adding “Issues collectors should look for” sections to the bottom of various model articles
- 6th September 2015: Added new box photos and other info to the Nikko Mercedes Rally Unimog 4WD page
- 25th July 2015: Updated the Items For Sale page information, and added a new FAQ section
- 8th June 2015: Updated the articles for Taiyo Lamborghini Countach LP500S and Tandy/Radio Shack 4×4 Off Roader with release/variant breakdown info.
- 6th April 2015: Also updated the article for Nikko Mercedes 4WD Unimog with new box photos and clearer detail about versions.
- 6th April 2015: Been busy updating the little “info box insets” in various past articles, and have also updated the article for The Winch with new box photos. I’ve now removed the “Gama Power Winder” box photos and titling on the article and moved that to appear under “Other releases”. Most people will remember this model as “The Winch” and now the article will make more sense.
- 3rd March 2015: Apologies for the lack of updates in a while. Rest assured there’s plenty more to come.
- 2nd January 2015: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone who has been visiting lately! As always, there is lots more for me to write about, but precious little time in which to do it. But here’s hoping that you’ll all find something fun to read here in 2015.
- 22nd October 2014: Added Hannu Mikola to the Racing Drivers & R/C Cars article
- 22nd October 2014: Added extra pics of the Rodine Runner (the real buggy inspiration for the Kyosho Scorpion) to the Kyosho Scorpion article
- 12th October 2014: Added this graphic explaining the changes to the Hornet/Grasshopper chassis between the original and the remake. Updated the Hornet article and the Vintage vs Remake article.
- 1st August 2014: Now you can receive an email whenever new items are available for sale from R/C Toy Memories. Simply submit your email address in the form on the Items For Sale page to subscribe.
- 30th June 2014: I’ll be listing more items for sale in coming days, so keep an eye out.
- 19th June 2014: Black Fox and Unimog articles updated with “example on this page” info. I won’t bore you all with news of these pedantic little updates, just be aware that it’s something I need to spend time on, which will likely take time away from writing articles – but which will ultimately mean the existing info about each car is a little more accurate and detailed.
- 17th June 2014: All car articles will be updated over time with an extra info box explaining “Example shown on this page” vs “Other Releases”. To see what this looks like so far, look at the Tyco Turbo Hopper and Taiyo Jet Hopper pages. Some car articles may also change their title to accurately reflect the release pictured – for example, the Matsushiro Winch article will become titled Gama Power Winder – as that’s the particular example I have in the photos. Article tags will still reflect both varieties so people can still find the content.
- 15th June 2014: In an effort to clearly define the differences between different releases of the same car, I have created a page explaining Models, Releases and Variants. I have also overhauled the Tyco Turbo Hopper and Taiyo Jet Hopper pages yet again, to keep the info about each one on it’s own page.
- 11th June 2014: Some of you might be interested to know that a few weeks ago, Nikko R/C – the company – was acquired by Toy State.
- 9th June 2014: I spent some time overhauling the info in the Turbo Hopper article, to explain more about the different versions and the original Jet Hopper.