For Sale: Taiyo Jet Racer 4WD
Back to: Items For Sale
Letting this spare model go from my vintage R/C collection…
Taiyo Jet Racer 4WD
For Sale: AU$220
Condition: 9/10. 100% working. Clean and boxed.
Type: Ready To Run
Year of release: 1987
Batteries Required: 8 x AA (Car). 1 x 9volt (Transmitter)
Any vintage R/C model I sell has been personally tested and assessed.
About this example…
✔ 100% vintage. Made by Taiyo in Japan from 1987.
✔ 100% working. Including 2 speed gearbox.
✔ Clean condition
✔ Battery compartments clean
✔ Transmitter included
✔ Spare steering clips included
✔ Box very good, with some wear
✔ All headlights included
✔ Nothing broken.
– Tyres are about 80% new. No cracking. As a courtesy to the buyer, they have been treated with 100% pure silicone oil – a recognised way of preserving vintage R/C tyres.
– Decals are excellent, with only minor edge wear in a couple of places.
– Some light scuffs on the bumper and underside of the vehicle.
Conclusion: An excellent Taiyo Jet Racer 4WD. Hard to find this clean and with decals this close to mint. Known as the Metro Bullet in Australia, this example will not disappoint. Priced according to rarity, condition and past examples I have sold.
Please see the photos to understand the condition. Feel free to contact me to find out more.
The Taiyo Jet Racer 4WD is an off-road racing buggy featuring “Turbo” and twin motors, which was released in 1987. It was made in Japan by Taiyo. This car was the bigger brother to the Taiyo Jet Fighter (which was 2WD) and was one of the next buggies released by Taiyo after the immense success of the Jet Hopper (also 2WD), which came out in 1986. The Jet Racer 4WD is a little more sophisticated and also has a top speed of 25km/h. Much like the other early Taiyo “black box” series buggies of the 1980s, it’s looks were inspired by real size racing buggies and it features many real sponsor decals. The Jet Racer 4WD was Taiyo’s premium model of the day, and in Australia it was also sold under Metro / Taiyo branding as “The Bullet”. It was also the recipient of the Australian Toy Industry’s “Toy of the Year” award for 1987 – which is a good sign of what a legendary toy it was to own back in 1987.
Enquire about this item…
- Simply use the form below to enquire about buying this item.
- I accept Paypal or Bank Deposit. I am Paypal verified.
- All items I sell are shipped with full tracking.
- I have over 17 years of history on eBay and 100% positive feedback. But due to eBay’s high fees, I sell my items for lower prices here on this website.
Back to: Items For Sale