For Sale: Tandy Radio Shack White Tiger Turbo Buggy
Back to: Items For Sale
Letting this spare model go from my vintage R/C collection…
Tandy / Radio Shack White Tiger Turbo Buggy
For Sale: AU$70
Type: Ready To Run
Year of release: 1989
Batteries Required: 1 x 7.2volt battery pack, 1 x 9volt (Car). 1 x 9 volt (Transmitter)
Any vintage R/C model I sell has been personally tested and assessed.
About this example…
✔ 100% vintage. Original and first release of this model. Manufactured by Nikko in Japan, for Tandy/Radio Shack, from 1989.
✔ 100% working. Including 2 speed gearbox.
✔ Clean condition
✔ Battery compartments clean
✔ Transmitter included
✔ Box base included
✔ Nothing broken.
– Tyres are about 80% new. No cracking. As a courtesy to the buyer, they have been treated with 100% pure silicone oil – a recognised way of preserving vintage R/C tyres.
– Decals are generally very good, with some minor edge wear.
– The box lid is not included.
Conclusion: Overall, great example of the Tandy/Radio Shack White Tiger Turbo Buggy. Runs beautifully, and very clean. These are a fantastic little buggy, made in Japan – better than many of the Taiyo models, yet not as well remembered. Unfortunately I don’t have a box lid to go with this one. But the model will not disappoint at this price. Priced according to rarity, condition and past examples I have sold.
Please see the photos to understand the condition. Feel free to contact me to find out more.
The Tandy/Radio Shack White Tiger Turbo Buggy was released in 1989, and was custom manufactured for Tandy/Radio Shack by Nikko in Japan. It was Tandy’s third-fastest buggy in their large line-up in 1989 (after the Golden Arrow and Red Arrow), and is a lot of fun to drive – plenty of power and wheelspin from it’s combination of 380 motor and 7.2v battery pack. It’s sleek design was among the most aerodynamic of the buggies that appeared in the late 1980s. It also featured a working differential and 2-speed transmission, and it’s quality was typical of the high standard of Nikko’s Japanese-made R/C models in the 1980s. Originally retailing for AU$129.95 in Australia, the White Tiger is one of the faster ready-to-run off-road buggies of the 1980s and a worthy collectible from a lost era when even the ready-to-run R/C cars on the market were built to last.
Buy It Now
- I accept Paypal or Bank Deposit. I am Paypal verified.
- All items I sell are shipped with full tracking.
- I have over 17 years of history on eBay and 100% positive feedback. But due to eBay’s high fees, I sell my items for lower prices here on this website.
- Simply use the form below to enquire about buying this item.
Back to: Items For Sale