Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What’s the rarest vintage RC item you own?

I’ve posted this topic before over at Tamiyaclub, and its always fun - so we should have a thread for it here too...

What’s the rarest vintage R/C item you own? It can be anything - cars, parts, souvenirs, magazines etc - so long as its related to vintage RC (pre-1995)

Pics welcome 🙂

Once a few people post, I will post pics of a few odd/rare bits and pieces of my own  😉

I have a vintage Frog used but its the short bumper version. I should ad i bought it on ebay a few months back. they put a rerelease bumper on it and they said the original one comes with the car no pics of it. when i unpacked it, it had the short bumper in the box cool.

I recently bought back these two models from a friend of a friend who has quite a collection of Tyco, Nikko, Radioshack rc models.

Should have never sold them in the first place. My plan is to run hobby grade electronics in both of them.

Fast Traxx and a Scorpion Tracks.

Also have this custom painted silver body for it.

P.S. In case anyone is interested in seeing a modified Super Fast Traxx running with modern electronics. Here is someone who did it:

Uploaded files:
  • 3kesfhmthm831.jpg
  • IMG_1311.jpg
Quote from Branko on July 7, 2019, 10:42 pm

I have a vintage Frog used but its the short bumper version. I should ad i bought it on ebay a few months back. they put a rerelease bumper on it and they said the original one comes with the car no pics of it. when i unpacked it, it had the short bumper in the box cool.

Cool, and what was the condition of the car overall, and the short bumper?

Quote from Jeremiah Munoz on July 8, 2019, 2:02 am

I recently bought back these two models from a friend of a friend who has quite a collection of Tyco, Nikko, Radioshack rc models.

Should have never sold them in the first place. My plan is to run hobby grade electronics in both of them.

Fast Traxx and a Scorpion Tracks.

Also have this custom painted silver body for it.

P.S. In case anyone is interested in seeing a modified Super Fast Traxx running with modern electronics. Here is someone who did it:

Those look to be in great condition.

However...Modern electrics in vintage RTR = no longer vintage 😉  Sorry to be a stickler, but hoping this forum can just stick to actual vintage in topics/examples. As every other forum out there has people modifying/upgrading RC cars from how they originally were, especially the toy grade ones.

Kinda hoping we can just nerd-out here on RCTM about the toys and kits - as they were. Because that’s how most collectors actually want them (and will always want them). 👍

As for my rare vintage stuff... I will find a couple of things to share.

The car was rough but i restored it using genuine 1980s parts that i have in stock. The bumper is heavily scuffed.

I suppose a NIB Toyota Celica (58064) bodyset, which I am trying to decide how to paint.  I had ambitions of trying to mask the red areas, rather than using the included red stickers, but feel like it would be more period-correct (and less likely to go pear-shaped) if I finished it as Tamiya intended.