Forum

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

What vintage RC or other toy or hobby stuff, have you been up to lately?

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Quote from ibfragalot on October 3, 2021, 1:47 pm

Yes! My wife is getting worried lol 🙂

• Taiyo Ferrari F-40 9.6v Turbo  - my new favorite. Just posted a video review here, and mentioned/linked RcToymemories 🙂
  • Taiyo Fast Traxx Eliminator - on its way from Japan! So pumped for this!
  • Taiyo Mini Fast Trax - sadly this appears to be a "turn on reverse" model, which I always despised as a kid, but I love that its FastTraxx.
  • Taiyo Lamborghini Countach 9.6v - on its way from Japan. Unfortunately this ones broken (steering arm). I plan on 3D printing a replacement. It needs a lot of love.
  • Taiyo Typhoon 9.6v Original - I had one as a kid. Rubbish to drive, but a fantastic and unique model.

As you can see I've gone a bit mad. Not sure which one I'll post a video on next. Possibly the Countach as I try to fix it up...

This hobby is so addictive it does not seem to matter what we collect and interesting collection you have so far mate that Taiyo Ferrari is mint! and yeah like me it gets noticed by the wife! When l get something new from ebay I just pray the postman does the delivery when its just me in and the mrs is out lol bit sneaky but no need to rock the boat!

R/C Toy Memories has reacted to this post.
R/C Toy Memories

Oh god, so true!! I had this MASSIVE box arrive last week from Japan, loaded with Taiyo/Tyco cars, could barely fit it through the door. Somehow I managed to escape getting in trouble for that one, but I think I best tone done the purchases for a little while...

Uploaded video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5xtyGI45YY

R/C Toy Memories and Mad-Bee have reacted to this post.
R/C Toy MemoriesMad-Bee

That's the Exact Wild Thing I want!  Lucky!  Needs a new bumper though, that one can't really be fixed.  If I were you, I'd sell it to me, I would be willing to put up with the headache and stress- You don't need that, this is about fun.....😇

Those Yellow cars sure pop, nice find Mate.  Chris  REC

ibfragalot has reacted to this post.
ibfragalot
Quote from Chris Cazan on May 11, 2022, 2:29 pm

That's the Exact Wild Thing I want!  Lucky!  Needs a new bumper though, that one can't really be fixed.  If I were you, I'd sell it to me, I would be willing to put up with the headache and stress- You don't need that, this is about fun.....😇

Those Yellow cars sure pop, nice find Mate.  Chris  REC

Thanks man 🙂 yeah she's a beauty. I think it was the first one I got. It's the fat rear wheels that I love, Jet Hopper 2 chassis. I'm lining it up for a Youtube restoration video after I've done the Lamborghini, though I'm not sure I'll ever get time to do it, so many things right now. Maybe check back with me later and I might part with it 🙂

Quite seriously, if you decide to part with it, my Email is chris@rogueelementcomponents.com   and tele is 719-821-1526.

It's that COLOR- There's a real sweetie online now, probably 96%, but...it's not Yaller, and that kills it for me.  I get it about the rear tires (There are a few sitting around here that are kinda worn for use but look cool just existing.)  That is my fave body style as well, since my 1st RC was the Head's-Up in Red.  I can spend more on modern cars but don't get THAT feeling when I open the box:  If you buy these kinds of cars nowadays, it's either for the resale $$ (TOO common) or the pure Joy.  Sad that we must deal with so many moronic profiteers who all seem to end up with these things, especially the last couple years.

Anyway, as per the thread title, I have been digging my Tycos out of the downstairs where I stash 'em- Small house- as my interests are kinda cyclic & I'm back to my Tyco phase again.

Also awaiting my 'new' (Yellow!) Taiyo Max Hopper 4WD, it'll be a month or so but Super-Cheesed about that!

Fun Fun!  Hell, actually, this stuff is all that keeps me goin' these days.  Chris  REC

Very cool! I love your CAD work! Will definitely keep that in mind. The color is brilliant 🙂  Right now I'm building a website for collectors like us, a database, specs, photos, internals, a page for every single car ever made by Taiyo/Tyco is the goal. Got about 800+ known cars identified, slowly collecting all the data and photos for them. Aim is to get about 20% of cars complete,  then open up the site and request help from members with photos, information, etc. Little things, like knowing which cars have proper active steering or if they only turn when moving, which ones share parts, and generally helping us decide which one we might collect next.  It's a growing hobby I believe, ever with the darn profiteers.

Hey Ibfragalot, do drop me an Email at the address listed above, would you please?  You got a lotta interesting things goin' on Mate!  Chris

Ho Ibfrag!  PLEASE Email me again Mate- My contact info got lost and I have a time-sensitive update for ya- Hope to taks soon!  Chris

PreviousPage 2 of 2